Conversation

    No conversation found

Senior Software Engineer

Role: FullStack Developers

Remote | Full Remote | Auvergne,Germany

Description

Software Engineering Manager


About the role:

We’re looking for engineering managers to manage, lead, mentor, and coach our engineering teams.


We need your technical knowledge and expertise to support the progression of our engineers. You will work closely with the Engineering Director to build and develop high-performing, inclusive, and happy cross-functional teams.


Engineering Management is a new role here so you’ll be in the perfect position to have an outsized multiplicative impact by helping build the frameworks, structures, and processes that foster an effective engineering organization.


You’ll spend around 70% of your time focused fully on 7-8~ direct reports and the other 30% on broader technical initiatives with Senior Software Engineers.


About you:

  1. You are an effective team leader. You have experience managing teams of full stack software engineers building user-focused products. You know how to onboard, and develop people from all backgrounds. You might not be a hiring pro, but you have hired, trained and managed engineers before.
  2. You balance product & engineering. You previously worked as an engineer at a senior level. You’ve worked to set goals and a strategy for product-focused teams and are able to prioritise user impacting features alongside technical initiatives.
  3. You are an excellent communicator. You’re able to work cross-functionally, adapting your approach based on the situation in collaboration with your partners in Product and Design. Your written communication is great, and you recognize the importance of over-communicating with the context in a distributed world.
  4. You care & lift others up. And you know caring is not about being nice to a fault. You care about the team. About the business. About the product. About people achieving their goals and becoming the best they can be. Because you care, you lean into those difficult conversations.


Job requirements:

  1. Experience managing the performance and development of high-performing engineers at a scaling startup
  2. Built a happy high-performing distributed team based on trust and outcomes
  3. Experience with PHP and/or Laravel
  4. You love asynchronous communication


Compensation: 65,000 - 72,000 EUR/year (based on seniority level)



Skills

Laravel PHP

Experience

Senior

Salary range

€4,500.00 - €6,000.00